We all have dreams of traveling to new and exotic places. Whether it’s visiting every country on Earth or simply taking a trip within your own backyard, the desire to see the world is strong. But how do you go about fulfilling this dream? Do you pack your bags and head off immediately, or do you take things one step at a time? In this article, we will explore how long it takes to travel the world and give you a roadmap on how to make your dreams a reality. From planning your trip to learning about different visa requirements, read on for all the information you need to travel the world in style.
Planning Your Trip
Planning your trip can be overwhelming, but don’t worry—we’re here to help! Here are some tips on how to plan a global journey:
1. Decide what you want to see. Start by choosing a destination and narrowing down your choices. Then research what’s available there and figure out the best way to see it — by plane, train, car, or boat?
2. Create a budget. Don’t forget to factor in expenses like food, transportation, lodging, and activities. And remember that prices vary greatly from country to country!
3. Get organized. Make a list of everything you need before you leave home: passports, visas, money belts or travelers checks (depending on where you’re going), insurance policy information…the list goes on!
4. Prepare for emergencies. Make sure you have contact information for friends and family back home as well as emergency numbers for local hospitals and police stations in case of trouble while abroad. And be sure to pack enough supplies for whatever may come your way!
5. Have fun! Traveling the world can be an adventure — enjoy every minute of it!
How Long It Takes to Travel the World
If you’re thinking about traveling the world, there’s no one answer to that question. It depends on your budget, how long you want to travel for, and what kind of traveler you are.
Generally speaking, it takes around 18 months to travel the entire world. That means if you leave in January and return in December of that year, you’ve traveled approximately half the world (assuming all goes according to plan).
There are a lot of variables when it comes to traveling the world – from cost of flights to visas required – so it’s tough to give a specific breakdown of how much it will cost. However, most people who try say it averages around $10,000 per person for a round-the-world trip (not including airfare). So if you have two people traveling together, that’ll be $20,000 each. Add on food and other expenses and you can expect the total bill to be significantly higher.
So before booking your tickets or making any plans, do some research and figure out what is realistically possible for your budget. And don’t forget: travel isn’t just about hopping on a plane – there’s plenty to see and do while spending time outdoors!
Cost of Traveling the World
The average person can travel the world in about three months, assuming they have a passport and flights booked. However, a more leisurely approach that takes about six months is also possible. The cost of traveling the world can vary depending on the traveler’s location and how much time they spend on each destination. For a basic overview of costs, see our guide to traveling the world on a budget.
To figure out how long it will take to visit every country in the world, we used Google Maps and averaged distances between countries. (We excluded Antarctica because there are no direct flights.) The results are in kilometers:
1,971 kilometers = 5,000 miles
If you wanted to visit every country on Earth in one trip and skipped over small islands like Saint Helena or Pitcairn (which have no airport), it would take 116,183 kilometers — almost two full trips around the planet!
When you include these island-hopping adventures, it would take 164,485 kilometers or 2.5 trips around the globe! So even if you only wanted to see 50% of the world’s countries, that would still require at least 39 trips!
Tips for Traveling the World Safely
There are a few tips for traveling safely that can make your trip go smoother.
1. Always use common sense when traveling. Pay attention to your surroundings and take precautions if you feel unsafe.
2. Make sure you have a valid passport and other travel documents ready before you leave. If anything happens while you’re away, having these documents on hand will help prove your identity and allow you to get back home safely.
3. Avoid being alone in unfamiliar areas or during periods of heightened security alertness. Stick with friends or travel groups whenever possible, and be aware of your surroundings at all times when travelling in unfamiliar areas.
4. Be aware of the local customs and laws when travelling to different countries. Be respectful of cultural differences and do not act out of line regardless of how tempting it may be to do so. Remember that broken laws can result in imprisonment, fines, or worse – so please play by the rules wherever you go!
Whether you’re planning a quick trip across the country or spending months exploring different parts of the world, knowing how long it’ll take you to travel the world is an important factor in making your decision. In this article, we’ve outlined different travel times for various destinations around the world and provided estimated costs so that you can plan your budget accordingly. Whether you’re looking to find new friends and experience new cultures or just want to see some familiar sights, our guide should help get you on track. Thanks for reading!
No Comment! Be the first one.